Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tangled up in Blues

Originally posted (4/5/07) at Age of Reason

Last evening, while walking my dog, the random shuffle on my i-Pod gave me, in quick succession, Willie Nelson's version of "All the Girls" (schmaltzy, but I still love Willie), followed by Bob Dylan's "Tangled up in Blue" (quite possibly his best work, IMHO). This triggered a train of thought about many of the women who have, in some important ways, been a part of my life.

I awoke in the wee hours of this morning continuing that thought, and decided to put some of these memories to words -- I should have gotten up then to do so, because some of what I mentally composed seemed quite good at the time, but getting it to the screen now, several hours later, might be a challenge.

I anticipate that some of the characters and situations, in modified/disguised form, may be incorporated into a future fictional project I have been contemplating.

Some of these relationships barely qualify as such, and are important mostly because of what was happening in my life at the time. And as of right now, I do not intend to address the most important one -- the one with the woman to whom I have been married for the past 27 years -- that one is too complicated and too personal to share right now.

My plan it to publish a summary of each as a separate post, as time permits, over the next several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment