Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Country Songs by Les Visable

Originally posted 1/19/08 at Age of Reason:

This was posted at Slate and I really liked it.

Artist: Les Visible

I Don't Love You Anymore

Then You Let Go

Peace

I DON’T LOVE YOU ANYMORE

There are sweet dreams and visions and nightmares
There are dishes piled up in the sink
And though I know it will only destroy me
I am badly in need of a drink

Some people spend their whole lives in prison
For just what you are doing to me
And If I am going to die with my pants down
Then I know which end of me you will see

Call all the radio stations
The talking heads on TV
Ring out the bells from the ship to the shore
To say I don’t love you any more

I worshipped the ground that you walked on
I was glad it was holding you up
If I had only known what was coming
Then I would have been wearing a cup

Well you’ve broken my heart for the last time
I know that I have said that before
No one’s ever come this close to ending my life
So darling I don’t love you any more

CHORUS

I got some small satisfaction
When you gave my friends venereal disease
And I suppose that I should be grateful
That you weren’t sleeping with me

They say that there’s one born every minute
So then I’ve done more than my share of time
And I just hope you don’t have a sister
Waiting for me further down this line

CHORUS


PEACE

If I don't get to sing you
a private serenade
I hope you know I wanted to
it would have made my day

To hold you close as close could be
until there's only one
If only for a little while
it would have made me young

There's a silken fountain
There's a deep release
And if I don't get to show it to you
Then may I wish you peace

If I don't get to kiss you
Ah that would be so sad
It feels like I am supposed to
like I already have

Life is suck a mystery
so deep and so profound
Like looking in your eyes
And watching myself drown

Repeat Chorus

If I don't get to feed you
I hope that you get fed
I wish you all the finest
and blessings on your head

Somewhere we are together
if only in my mind
But I just keep believing
I know what I will find

Repeat Chorus

ADDENDEM: Les tells me he cannot keep those links up for too long, so if they no longer work, that is the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment